cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parent product has got planned order on 5th may,2008 at Mfg Plant and SNP PPM is getting exploded to create dependent demand of component on 4th May,2008 at Mfg plant in CTM run.

is there any way to create dependent demand on same date in CTM run?....in heuristic run it creates dependent demand on same date of planned order?

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not done this test myself, but am definitely surprised why heuristics is not respecting the PPM duration. Typically SNP tool is not meant for detailed hourly level planning. Any activity in PPM will take atleast a day in SNP (eg. production). Unlike PPDS that can take setup times in hours into account. I would see the CTM behaviour to be a desired one which is giving you a time-phase of one day between planned order completion of header and dependent demand requirement on component. Its definitely interesting though why Heuristics and CTM are treating PPM time durations differently. I would recommend you to change planning duration to couple of days and see if the difference in behaviour persists, which could lead you to something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi - you can reduce the duration of the activity in the PPM master data to one day...