Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to XML : error in opening the output file in iexplorer

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I have a scenario IDoc to xml where in Im getting some non ascii values in the idoc for which I used ISO-8859-1 encoding technique but still the conversion is not done. Iam unable to opend the output file in internet explorer giving the follwoing error as :

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource

Please help me how to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i posted previously in xi UTF-8 is the default encoding if message protocal is FILE.

And UTF-8 encoding support unicodes..

Can reconfigure your receiver file adapter with file type as Binary and check once again.

go through http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

refer File Type

now i check with a japanese double byte character and i can open in iexplorer.

regards,

pradeep A.

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I tried by changing file type to binary but still iam getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally, UTF-8 supports CJK (ISO10646, JIS*) charsets, so it shouldn't be a problem for an XI XML document to contain such chars ... What's the encoding="..." value in your output document ?

If you've set FCC encoding to ISO-8859-1, I'm not sure it can handle chinese characters ...

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shiva,

Open your XML document using an XML editor, it will help you understand where the data issue is ... Also, have a look at the following page:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#charsets

You will find allowed characters in XML document ...

If needed, you can encapsulate your special chars in CDATA or using binary XSD type for instance

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XML text documents generally contain their own code page description and should be treated as Binary data type.

so if your output is xml no need to specify data type as Text.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

regards,

pradeep A.

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

As Iam getting some non ascii value in source like: ä , Iam using ISO-8859-1 as a encoding technique in communication channel but I observe that the output file generated is having encoding technique as UTF-8 i.e, conversion is not happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

XI default codepage for XML documents seems to be UTF-8, but I do not know whether implicit codepage conversion takes place when CC has another cp declared ...

How does your mapping take place (java ? xsl ? mmap ?) ? You may have to explicitly declare the codepage in your mapping program to make sure output document will have the expected cp

You can try to protect XML sections with troublesome chars using CDATA or more suitable XML types as containers

Chris

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Im using message mapping.

How to declare in mapping?