cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms --> Build a table with lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m quite in trouble just to build an ordinary table....

I have a form with some lines in the beginning, wehich are always in the same number. So easily write the lines with the fields.

But in the middle, I have to build a table with 4 columns. The header should be with a light shadow and all columns should be surrounded by a line. At first I have set up an outside line for the main window and placed the table inside of it. No problem beside of the shadow, which is not allowed in the table....

But as I don´t know how many lines I´ll get in the table, and that it can break to the next page, I have to build also all text, which is coming after the mian window, inside of the main window, that it´s coming direclty after the end of main.

But then I can´t use the outside line in the main window, because the texts, which should come after the table, shouldn´t be in a box (outside lined).

How can I do that?

I have also tried to use a loop and then shadow the text nodes inside of it... But no possibility to use lines for separating the columns. I don´t know what is going on here, but it really should be possible to build a very ordinary table without those challenges...

any tips for me?

Thank you!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a two lines one for header and second for data in the table.

1)In table painter we can find the pencil mark.

2)select the pencil mark

3)now select the line which you need to shade

4) now select the shading colour in the table painter and the provide the resolution up to 100% and select table pattrn for that line.

5) Now you can use this for the header now only the header gets shaded and the remaining gets unshaded.

Thanks,

NN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

I have opened the table painter and also I have made too lines. But I can´t choose colors anywhere....

And I still have the problem with the outside line then. Because the outside line I can just build up for the window, not for the table.

Any other advices?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Micheal,

A suggestion.

You want the lines after the table to immediatley follow the table

Putr them in the footer of the table.

For the border line using the directions given above....

Set the lower line of the header line type to print

The left and right line of the item level line type to print

And the upper line of the footer line type to print

Voila

For the shading

u can shade a line type in the Table tab of the table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to remove the outside frame for the window and do as follows.

A) create a table and Create a two lines one for header and second for data in the table.

1)In table painter we can find the pencil mark.

2)select the pencil mark

3)now select the line which you need to shade

4) In the table painter we can find the box and shadings in that

now select the shading colour from the drop box in the table painter and the provide the resolution up to 100% basing on your requirement

5) Now select the Box colour from the drop box in the table painter and the provide the width 15 tw basing on your requirement .

6) You can fine the table pattern option in that you can find the outter frame and inner frame select the pattern according to your requirment.

7) Now you can use shaded line for header so that only the header gets shaded and the remaining gets unshaded.

😎 and you can use the other line for displaying data in the table.

9) In the footer of the table place the data which you need to print at the end of the table.

thanks,

Nethaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all answers.... But I must have a very old version of smartforms, because all your advices are not possible... There is no way to shade line types and there is also no way to choose colors for line types in the table painter.

I think it is not possible in my case here... So I have to use the loop node and forger about the column separating vertical lines. I can´t use the table node, because then I don´t have any outside line except of I would use the main window outside line for that. But then I can´t write my texts, which should appear after the table, inside of the main window.

Big challenge and a bit annoying as well!

But thank you again!

Michael

Answers (0)