cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I have configured an IDoc listener in xMII 12. The listener is started. According to the connection test in transaction SM59 the connection to the listener is fine.

Distribution model and so on are all created.

Now I try to send me the IDocs I want by using transaction CI42N which is used to send production orders.

Looking to transaction WE05 the IDocs are in the list with status "IDoc sent to SAP system or external program".

But in xMII there is no IDoc received. Either with or without message rules.

There also is no entry in the table XMII_JCOMESSAGES.

I checked the default trace and warnings of the xMII (Netweaver) Server. But there is no entry within the time range when IDocs were sent and also before or after is no entry that has to do something with IDocs or message listeners.

The xMII Version used is 12.0.2 Build(88).

Anyone has an idea what goes wrong there?

Regards

Timo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we were also suffering from no visible IDOCs, even with no detailed routing rule given.

The problem was in the naming convention of the IDOCs:

IDOC_ {Message Type}_{IDoc Number}_.xml.

We have message types with a special character "/" in it, i.e.

/PREFIX/CT_PP_STOCK.

For the JCO path "C:/Lighthammer/JCO/Output/" we had to manually create subdirectories down until C:\Lighthammer\JCO\Output\IDOC_\PREFIX

to get IDOCs i.e. C:\Lighthammer\JCO\Output\IDOC_\PREFIX\CT_PP_STOCK_0000000004106134_20080715133916.xml.

I hope this hint can help.

Regards Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this is the problem.

But on my oppinion, when there is the possibility to turn off unicode on both sides I would expect that this is a configuration that should work. I think it doesn't make sense to be able to turn off unicode when it won't work then.

Regards Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

found a solution with the help of SAP support.

Even if i set the unicode property of xMII listener to 0 or empty it anyhow acts as a unicode system and can only receive messages if the unicode property of the RFC connection in SM59 is set to on.

Regards Timo

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think that may be this is because Java is by default Unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Model_view_replicate message was received in xMII and is shown in the message monitor.

The synch message type entry also exists in the partner profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that was my fault.

I replicated the distribution model now. I still have no idocs in xMII but another error in SM58 that always occurs when I try to send IDocs:

Function module: sww_wi_execute_internal_rfc

Target System: workflow_local_800

Status Text: Error CALL_FUNCTION_SECSTORE_ERROR occured. P1=WOR

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timo

Did u receive a RFC message in MII with the name "Model View Replicate"? If yes then Model Replication is not the problem neither is the connection or the RFC Channel.

This means that there is some problem with the IDOC Configuration as well.

Please check if the Message Type SYNCH is added to your Partner Profile Outbound Parameters. If no you can try this out and see.

The params are:

Message Type : SYNCH

Basic Type : SYNCHRON

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Testing it again now I get the following error in SM58:

The meta data for the IDoc type "" is unavailable.

It always is this error either at POIT as at CI42N.

Any ideas?

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timo

This is because u havent done a Model View Replicate in BD64 or the replicate failed.

Check point 2 in my previous message. U need to create a Model first for the message type and then distribute the model to the receiving system.

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't found a solution yet.

But i realized, that the source SAP System is on a very old patch level. Perhaps that is the problem.

I'll try to update it and try again when I find time.

Regards

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am facing the same problems as Timo describe. Did you get it to work and what did you do ??

BR

Poul.

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timo

I am not sure if you already got the answer to the problem u mentioned.

There can be various reasons for IDocs not received in XMII. So I will list the most obvious ones that I think might happen. Just take some time to check through this list one by one.

1. Go to SM59 and do a connection test on ur RFC Destination. If it is successful then go to Menu option "Extras" -> "Target System". Do this a couple of times and see if on al the tries it points to the correct XMII System. It is possible that u have used the same Program Id for 2 connections and RFC gateway is working as a Loadbalancing server.

2. If 1 is correct the go to trx BD64 and do a Model View Distribute of ur configuration. In XMII u should get a RFC message of type "Model_View_Distribute". If this is there then your configuration is correct.

3. send the idocs from ur trx and check in trx sm58 for the status. If it fails there then they never reached XMII. Check the error message here.

4. If all 3 are correct check if you have a processing rule which might be deleting the messages or a clean up rule which is cleaning them.

Best of luck.

Hope this helps.

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that following:

1. Check the connection test using SAP transaction SM59

2. Check the IDoc is really transmitted to xMII using the SAP transaction WE02.

3. Make sure your listener is running in xMII

4. If your SAP instance is unicode version, make sure you enter '1' for "unicode" field in Server Properties of Message listener.

Thnaks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

That doesn't change anything to the behavior.

Is there a way to make sure, that IDocs are really sent in sap gui?

Regards

Timo

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to make sure that you have covered all the bases. You have probably already checked these, but...

Are the logical system selected in POIT (or other sending transaction) the same as that in the IDOC Listener? Check the progid in the idoc listener.

Do the system parameters in the IDOC Listener match that of the sending SAP instance? This should fail your check from inside SAP if they are set wrong, but I am not 100% positive of this.

Outside of these, I don't know what could be causing the problem. If you don't solve it on your own, you will probably need to have one of your Basis folks look at your setup.

Good luck,

Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I usually use transaction POIT to dynamically send Production Order IDOCs when testing. You may want to give that a try as well.

Good Luck!

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

I faced the similar kind of problem very recently. I created IDOC listener in xMII with routing rules. And sent IDOC's from SAP xMII. But i couldn't see any IDOC at xMII side.

Later I removed the routing rules of IDOC listener and tried the same thing. Then it worked.

This is a weird behavior and a weird way to overcome that. I am using xMII 11.5.4.b73.

Thanks,

Srinivas.