Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to configure the SSO in the following scenario:

- Users authenticate ourselves on a NON SAP Portal deployed on Apache

- Using these authentication credentials, they should be redirected to the SAP WEBGUI interface

- SAP Release involved is an ECC 6.0 ABAP+Java (with integrated ITS)

Here my questions:

What have I to configure in order to grant this SSO scenario?

Does some documentation exist about this kind of implementation?

All your help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The most common solution is to use a HTTP Header Login Module and make Apache provide the user id of authenticated user in a HTTP header variable. The user would then access WEBGUI in ABAP stack and this would be configured (using SICF transaction) to redirect to j2ee engine when authentication is required.

There are lots of other posts in SDN which discuss same configuration and you will also find info on SAP help library.

Thanks,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The most common solution is to use a HTTP Header Login Module and make Apache provide the user id of authenticated user in a HTTP header variable. The user would then access WEBGUI in ABAP stack and this would be configured (using SICF transaction) to redirect to j2ee engine when authentication is required.

There are lots of other posts in SDN which discuss same configuration and you will also find info on SAP help library.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim for your quick replay!

Regards,

Marco