Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processing in Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I have done remote client copy and client Import.

However, after completing Client Import(Using STMS), i have executed Post Processing(SCC7), but the post processing ran in Test Mode , as i don't have authorization for S_TABU_DIS, now i'm unable to re-run SCC7.

My Question is, post processing is not completed, so do we get any problems or inconsistency due to this or how can we ensure/check the client copy completed is consistent.

Many Thanks

Naren

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import postprocessing:

The import postprocessing must be carried out directly after importing the transport requests. Every activity in the target client prior to the execution of the import postprocessing can lead to inconsistencies. It is recommended to wait a few minutes before you start the SCC7 to ensure that the buffer synchronization is completed.

The import postprocessing is essential (except for a copy with SAP_USR before Release 4.0B), because important functions are only carried out there:

o Tables that have not been transported are deleted. These are in general tables of delivery class 'L' and 'W' and - depending on the copy profile - also those of delivery class 'A'.

o The runtime environment is adjusted to the current Customizing. For this, postprocessing actions are started by the import postprocessing (client validation exits) which are used - among other things - to adjust data, reports, screens and number ranges.

o The texts are imported (up to and including Release 4.0)

o Depending on the copy profile address data is copied or deleted as of Release 4.0B.

o For copy profile SAP_USER, only the addresses of the user and of the company are generated

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar. v