cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create solutions in Solution Manager?

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create solutions in Solution Manager. As this is for the first time im creating, can any one please take me through the process with all the pre-requisites and other details?

If possible please provide any documentation on the same.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks and Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First define your systems ...

Transaction : SMSY

Register systems there in landscape components using create new system with assistant or manually...

Now go to system groups and logical components

Add your systems to relevent logical componet..

Now go to transaction : solution_manager

go to ->solution overview

create a solution..

go to solution landscape and add logical components to your solution...

if you require any further information please come back..

award points if found helpful..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

While other members have already answered your question on how to create Solution, I suggest you to have a look at [this |https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000917052007E/SolMan_Solution_Concept.pdf] document, which explains the concept behind the Solutions in brief and can perhaps help you decide as to how many would you need for your set up.

Regards,

Srini

Edited by: Srinivasan Radhakrishnan on Apr 30, 2008 10:42 AM

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I need to create solutions in Solution Manager. As this is for the first time im creating, can any one please take me through the process with all the pre-requisites and other details?

>

> If possible please provide any documentation on the same.

Hi Faisal,

The topic is described in [SAP Solution Manager - Application Help - Create Solution |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/42/b96fd74f4a3118e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm].

Please see also the steps under "Basis Settings" in Implementation Guide (transaction SPRO).

Ruediger