Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Faulty Source Files.

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have scenario where I have a Sender File Adapter. There is an option for "Archive Faulty Source Files".

Can anyone please tell which files fall under the FAULTY categories , are the files which do not comply with the File Content Conversion format faulty , or the ones which do not match the Adapter Module format classified as faulty.

Could any one please give an example scenario when some files could be classified as faulty.

Thanks

regards

Nilesh .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

I faced the same issue of faulty files not getting archived to the fault archive folder.

But finally I realized that the XML validation is happening at Integration engine and not at adapter level so it archives all the files which are getting read.

I checked the option of validation by adapter in ICO(this can be done only while creating ICO, otherwise it is greyed out) and this can also be checked in Sender agreement.

Finally the files were getting archived to fault archive folder in case of invalid xml files and valid ones to original archive folder.

There is no need to message transformation bean for achieving this.

Although late but I hope its was helpful!

Thank You,

Indu Khurana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archive Faulty Source Files we set this indicator to archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

For more help read this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm