cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering RFC in R/3 through WebDynpro (portal) application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

WebDynpro application calls RFC. But, when i place break point in RFC function module, it's not triggering. Please let me know how to debug the RFC when it's triggered from portal.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Make sure that the portal application is Authentication enabled. Also in the R/3 where you are setting the external breakpoint, you should give the same user as the portal user.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

d_fautini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. The cause it´s not the webdynpro authentication because we can hardcode the jco user (without need SSO) forcing to use this user in the jco connection.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Your external debugger ID in R3 should be same as that of Portal logged In user. If you are logging to R3 with different user, please go to that RFC through se37, go to Utilities -> Setting -> Debugging and give the Portal loggedIn userID. Also check the timeperiod till you are putting the break point.

Regards,

gurmat

d_fautini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was solved the problem.

In my case my jco use a hardcoded user and password, the problem were with the user. Make a test.

1-Create a new dialog USER

2-Make a test loguin the USER via sapgui and set a new password

3-Configure your JCO with this USER and test the JCO.

4-Debug the application with the USER in the backend.

Regards,

DF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have verified the debugging in R/3. It works fine in R/3. however, when i trigger from portal, i get the

RFC debugging is only possible with dialog user. error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE. And it's got logged as short dump in R3. plz help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think everone till now has given you a detailed explaination for putting a breakpoint but since you are still facing a issue.Can you please try to debug the same RFC from R3 side only.I mean the place where you have a external breakpoint option(tool box icon),one more breakpoint option is there.Use that and try to debug the RFC from R3 only.Check if that is working fine.If that is working fine then external breakpoint should also work.If its not working then ask your R3 counterpart to check it look into it.

Regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you. But, the issue is not resolved. I'm getting the following error in portal:

RFC debugging is only possible with dialog user, error key RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

please help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R K,

If your application is authencated, I mean if application is asking for user id and password... u need to do a few more things..

In the R/3 go to the Function Module, in the same way I mentioned in the last reply.

Utilities -> Settings -> ABAP Editor -> Debugging.

Here.. Check the Actv. checkbox... Enter the portal user id... uncheck the IP Matching checkbox.

Then click on the Green tick pushbutton.

Now set the HTTP breakpoint like the way i described in my last reply. Then open the application in a new browser.

When the Function Module is triggered, control will shift to the R/3 where the breakpoint is set.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R K,

Go to the R/3 system... transaction code se37.. open the Function Module. Select the line where you want to set the breakpoint. Then set the External HTTP breakpoint using :

Utilities (System Menu) -> Breakpoint -> Set/Delete -> Set HTTP Breakpoint.

Then close the previous application browser... open the application in a new browser.

When your Funtion Module is called, control will go to the R/3 screen where u had set the breakpoint. U can then use Function Keys F5,F6, F7 and F8 as per ur requirement for debugging.

Note: After you have completed your requirement for external debugging... delete the breakpoint...

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At dynpro:

you need to execute the modelObject instance.

try{
 wdContext.current<RFC_Name>InputElement().modelObject().execute();
}catch(WDRFCException e) {
 e.printStackTrace();
}

ABAP

Open Functional Module

Select line where you want to put break point

click external Break point form the tool bar or context menu

run your dynpro application

you can get the run time value by step by step execution (F5)

if it is not caught in RFC, check your dynpro code

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Put external session breakpoint at the line where u want to start debugging.. then enter /h transaction code.

then try executing the application. U'll be able to debug.

Regards

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R K,

Did you put external breakpoint or session breakpoint? If you put external breakpoint, it will work.

Regards,

Gopal