cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-activate Quality Inspection during Customer Consignment process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to de-activate quality inspection[i.e no inspection lot should be created] during delivery inspection with inspection type '10'.

But this should happen only for certain deliveries when the goods are issued from the customer consignment location to the customer.

The process is as follows:

CUSTOMER CONSIGNMENT PROCESS

1. Sales order & Delivery are created inorder to place the stock in customer consignment location [Fill-up process]

2. During this fill up process, inspection lots with inspection type '10' will be created as per standard and inspection process will go on as normal.

3. The Customer consignment stocks will then be issued from the consignment location to the customer. Sales order & Delivery will be created for this again. [Issue Process].

4. During this issue process, no inspection lot should be created. But as per the standard QM process, inspection lots are created for this process also.

5. The Customer is the same for both FILL-UP & ISSUE-PROCESS because of which we could not maintain a unique 'SALES QUALITY INFO RECORD' to differentiate the inspection processes.

We want to know how we could skip inspection during the ISSUE PROCESS alone and inspection should go on as usual during the FILL UP PROCESS.

Please let me know if you need more clarity on this.

KISHORE

SAP Functional Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KISHORE,

What you can do is cerate a new Delivery Type in the system copying the std delievery type.

Then use this to issue goods to the customer.

This will solve your problem as there will be no assignment of Inspection Lot Origin to new Delivery Type.

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Kaushik !

Yes, creating a new delivery type is definitely an option. But we are looking for a solution within the QM module.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Kishore

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Let me summrarize the requirement....

First when you deliever the material as consignemnt stock you want the insp lot......now when customer takes in the material in his stock you don't want the QM in picture....

Please confim me so that we can look if SAP provides some way out for the same....

Regrads

Kaushik

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Let me summrarize the requirement....

First when you deliever the material as consignemnt stock you want the insp lot......now when customer takes in the material in his stock you don't want the QM in picture....

Please confim me so that we can look if SAP provides some way out for the same....

Regrads

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

Yes your understanding is right.

Regards,

Kishore

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

check in the following path

SPRO - QM -Quality Inspection - Inspection lot creation - Inspection for Goods Movements

In this step, you control the creation of inspections for goods movements or other inventory postings.

you can Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type & also Movement Type/Update Control/Inspection Lot Origin.

The catch in this way is that it will be valid in client level.

Is your requirement is at material or plant level..??

Regrads

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Yes, but inspection happens at the time of delivery creation with inspection type '10'. Only after inspection completion, Post goods issue takes place with relevant movement types. Hence movement type setting cannot be applied here.

We wanted to know if we can do this within the scope of QM without creation of a new delivery type for this purpose alone.

Please do let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

When the customer is receving the stock, the lot is genereting wright???

This lot would not for Inspection type "10" pls check it will be with the type "01", hence the cutomer is not delevring the materail, the customer is receving it.

Pls check whether you have activated the I.Type "01" for the same materaial??

If yes then deactivat it?

If No,,

Pls let me know,,,,,

1. Which inspection types you have activated for the materials?

2. The customer is receving the material where, is it treated as separate plant or what?

Regards,

Shyamal