cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman SR3 - Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have just started installation of Solman SR3 in HPUX/oracle 10g. I have few basic questions

1. When I start the installation from the installation master, the check box for unicode system (recommended) is by default enabled, when I try to uncheck the box it is not allowing since it is checked and grayed out? does that mean it will install unicode version?

2. Also I only need to install ABAP stack for solman, we don't want to have AS Java. But there is no option in SR3 to install ABAP alone? does solman needs to have both the stacks?

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. When I start the installation from the installation master, the check box for unicode system (recommended) is by default enabled, when I try to uncheck the box it is not allowing since it is checked and grayed out? does that mean it will install unicode version?

Yes - because non-Unicode installations are deprecated and shouldn´t be installed any more.

2. Also I only need to install ABAP stack for solman, we don't want to have AS Java. But there is no option in SR3 to install ABAP alone? does solman needs to have both the stacks?

SolMan is ABAP + Java by definition, you can´t separate them (unfortunately).

Markus

Answers (0)