cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest me which one from MM and PP Modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

presently iam working on ABAP Reports and workflow since 2 years. iam having total 12 years of experience. out of that first 3 years in a shop floor in a Plastic industry. during that i did my PG Diploma in Materials Management. then i switched to IT Industry and worked in ERP like product for 4 years on Microsoft Technology. then joined present company and worked on Non SAP ERP framework developed using Microsoft/Oracle for 2 years. during this i involved in 4 implementations for FI, SD, and PP modules.

Now iam at cross roads, want to become a Techno Functional Consultant. Please suggest me which module shall i go from MM and PP Modules.

Thanks in Advance

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

presently iam working on ABAP Reports and workflow since 2 years. iam having total 12 years of experience. out of that first 3 years in a shop floor in a Plastic industry. during that i did my PG Diploma in Materials Management. then i switched to IT Industry and worked in ERP like product for 4 years on Microsoft Technology. then joined present company and worked on Non SAP ERP framework developed using Microsoft/Oracle for 2 years. during this i involved in 4 implementations for FI, SD, and PP modules.

I would suggest you to make 2 columns for MM and PP. Then start giving plus points to each of them.

You did PG in MM thus 1 plus point for MM.

first 3 years in a shop floor in a Plastic industry so 1 plus point for PP.

4 implementations for FI, SD, and PP modules so 1 plus point for PP.

Also give plus point for which you are more comfortable. Both your MM and PP knowledge will help you in long term.

hope this helps,

+ An

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

HI,

SINCE YOU ARE ALREADY INTO SAP. YOU KNOW WHAT EXISTS IN BOTH MODULES

PLEASE WEIGH YOUR STRENGTHS AGAINST EACH OF THE MODULES.

IF YOU ASK ME I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO GO IN MM.

THE NUMBER OF OPPORTUNITIES IN MM ARE LOT MORE THAN THAT YOU HAVE IN PP.

SINCE PP IS DEPENDENT ON MM. IF YOU DO MM THE SCOPE IS LOT HIGHER.

GOOD LUCK.

REWARD IF USEFUL

VENKAT

Edited by: Venkateswara Rao Somabhatta on May 9, 2008 5:49 PM