cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions related to data retrieval (Archiving)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aware of the basic data retrieval process once the data has been archived.

We will be retrieving it through an infostructure. I also know to create an infostructure provided the field catalog is delivered by SAP.

What if the field catalog is not provided for an archiving object?

How do I go about building this field catalog.

Also there are some

transactions which search even the archive database and returns the required data.

Can we retrieve the data from the transactions (other than SARI) even if wedont have an infostructure defined.

Please help.

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank you.

I got a gist of what you said.

I would really appreciate if you can elaborate( more on them with an example for me.

1. Build Index Funcionality (retrieval without infostructure)

2. Making of a field catalog.

Kindly give me some documents if possible.

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

What if the field catalog is not provided for an archiving object?

Answer: If there is no Field catalog then you cannot find any selection criteria in Archive explorer. These field will help in building up the archive index and these archive index will help in retreiving the data from your stroage system.

How do I go about building this field catalog.

Answer: You can select the fields from any of the tables which is under DB15 tables of archiving object. In Target filed put the field that you required and in source table mention from which table you selecting the target field.

Use SE11 for the field name.

Yes, there are some transaction that will help in accessing the archived data from the database such as FB03 for FI_DOCUMNET data, VF07 for SD_VBRK, and so on...

Yes we can retrieve the data from the storage system even if there is not Infostructure defined for it but you should execute the Build Index functionality.

Reward if it benifits.

-Thanks,

Ajay