cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to Archiving and Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello archiving experts,

I know the archived data is written in the form of flat files in offline storage system.

R these flat files nothing but CSV files.

Can anyone open up the file in the offline system and see it.

Is encrytpion of the data possible when archiving is done. Does ADK support that.

I want to find this for one of my implementation projects.

Please answer my questions.

Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

If not ADK, could this be done using XML Archiving??

Have you ever worked on XML Archiving. I think its a lot different from our traditional ADK.

If encryption is not possible, then how is data security guaranteed in archiving.

Please let me know if you have any answers.

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I am not aware of XML Archiving. Excuse.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

If the files are stored in the .REO file format what is the application that can be used to view this file like (.doc can be viewed using WORD). Is there any application available or not.

Please tell me more on the .REO file format.

Thanks.

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

All the ABAP spool list will be a good example for REO format.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Flat file usally not CSV file but you can customize as CSV file if you require. Normally flat files are REO format.

Offline opening the archive file can be done if the storage application supports. Most of the SAP approved storage application will help in opening the archive file from the storage system. SAP Approved storage application such as IXOS, DOCUMENTUM, SAN DNA and so on...

If the archive file is in Exchange Directory then also user can open if he is having backend authorization.

Archived data cannot be changed so encrytpion is not possible in SAP System. ADK will not support if functionality.

Reward if it benifits.

-Thanks,

Ajay