cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SAP sales order, Is that possible to change the plant manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

When we create sales order, for material , it will choose the shipping plant . Some materials

has different level, like Material A is 0 Level, Material B is under A . So B will use same plant as A.

We hope to manually change the plant for B, but the field of plant is grey.

Is that possbile if we could enhanbe this field and could manually change plant ?

Thanks

ALice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You can change status of field in your sales order item.

The process can be done in transaction SHD0 i.e. by using transaction variants.

You would have two fields in transaction variant screen - Transaction and Variant.

Enter your transaction i.e. VA02 (change standard order).

You can select Variants from options available .

You would be doing this by trial and error method.

Before starting this, you should know screen number. Go to VA02 and enter your order number.

Go to plant field. click F1. select technical button and see your screen number. Lets say screen number is 4001.

Now you would select appropriate variant for this screen number.

Each field has four modes. So select, appropriate one.

You can also create new transaction variants and assign it to appropriate sales document type instead of modifying system variants.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks, Ya ,we have setup sales bom and extend the matieral plant . for sub-item

Currently, our problem is we need 0 level mateiral A plant as X , and Sub-item mateiral plant as Y , we hope to manually change the sub-item plant , but that field is grey , so we can't do it. We can change the high level mateiral plant, but for our request, the we only want to change the low level item plant, high level plant still need be X, no need change to Y.

The one way we found is to reject this line, and craete a new item and also input the level number.

but it's not convenient

So we hope to know for such plant field, Now in our sap, it's grey, we can't change it. Does sap need confige and allow this field un-grey, then we can manually directly change sub-item plant?

Thanks

Alice

Edited by: alice zhang on Apr 30, 2008 5:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for help. I may don't explain it clearly. We hope to change the plant , not the shipping point.

In sales order item, Material A ( 0 level) the plant is X the sub-item B , currently the plant is also X,

but the plant field is grey, we can't change B material plant to Y.

Mateiral A 0 level PLant X

Material B sub-level item Plant X. but Plant field is grey, we can't change it to plant Y.

I hope to check if we could enable plant field for B material? then we could manually change Plant for B sut-level materail ?

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you are talking about a BOM.

The components are the subitems. You my change the plant of the header, but the system may not allow you to change the plant of the sub-items.

Prase

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear alice

Yes you can change the plant manually in sale order provided, the material is extended in the plant which you would like to enter in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can do it . if and only if the material has been maintained in the respective combination of plant and storage locations u can do that in t code MMSC and its shipping point is determined properly IN TCode OVL2.

Regards

Alahari