cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I worked BSP. Now I would like to work on webdynpros and wanted to know the difference between BSP and webdynpro. I belive that I can develop a webdynpro application in BSP also, then whats the special use of webdynpros??

In what cases, we can suggest our client to go with webdynpros??

Please provide me clear answers for the above....

If you provide some material, it would be more appreciable.

Thanks in advance,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satish,

i would also like to add on that, as component is the building block of webdynpro application , the component in one application can be reused in another.

regards

rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thank one and all who gave me the answers for the above topic. I am sorry for giving late reply, but I studied all the material that was provided and got clear idea on webdynpros.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WebDynpro development is very simple and reduces the time required for the development of the component.

There are however certain restrictions on the way the events can be handled here. For eg. certain even like onBlur for the inputField are not available here.

Simply put I would say if the component does not require too much of UI focus similar to the JavaScript functionalities but instead require a faster and simpler development WebDynpro is the best bet.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

What is Web Dynpro?

Why WebDynpro ?

Why webdynpro and not BSP or JSP?

BSP to WEB Dynpro

Benifits of using Webdynpro

Java vs. ABAP

regarding Java related webdynpro

Web Dynpro vs. Struts - a few questions

What kind of applications are being developed with Web Dynpro?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

I'm Madhusudan.I'm sending you followings about Advantages of WebDynpro.

Web Dynpro is the SAP programming model used to develop professional Web UIs for business applications. It consists of a runtime environment and a graphical development environment with special Web-Dynpro tools that are integrated in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.

The Web Dynpro tools support application development during the implementation and design phases. When a Web Dynpro application is developed, a platform-independent metamodel is created from which Java classed are generated.

Since Web Dynpro features a clear separation between layout data and business data, you can develop Web Dynpro applications with the same programming model both for mobile devices and conventional PCs.

WebDynpro Provides Application Developers the following advantages:

1.Web Dynpro supports a structured design process

2. Strict separation of layout data and business data through use of the Model View Controller concept

3. Different implementation languages are supported

4.The use of declarative and graphical tools significantly reduces the implementation effort

5.Reuse and better maintainability by using components

6.Syntax check at design time

7. Automatic data transport using data binding is also possible.

8.Automatic input check.

9.Flicker-free screen construction.

I think the above will help you.

regards

Madhusudan

Former Member
0 Kudos
RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The major difference is that you don't have to code the UI. With webdynpro it is all drag/drop of ui elements into the layout. In BSPs, you have to code all of the HTMLB. You don't have any chances of changing or modifing the look and feel of the webdynpro application. In BSP, you can do anything you want as far as the UI.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Check this:

http://www.sappro.com/downloads/OptionComparison.pdf

WebDynpro is options 4 & 5 (WD for Java and ABAP)

And that

VS