cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to switch from Java to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got 4+ yrs of experience in Java (Web development) and have little Retail domain knowledge. I would like to enter in SAP world and gradually become a functional consultant.

Can someone pls suggest what would be the best area to hit considering I have got no experience in SAP? (Some suggested to get certification on ABAP & slowly make way for functional side)

Also let me know the certification/training I must go through to make my profile worthwhile entering SAP world.

I appreciate your early response.

Thanks!

Edited by: Gurpreet Kaur on Apr 29, 2008 10:55 PM

Edited by: Gurpreet Kaur on Apr 29, 2008 11:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurpreet,

I would suggest you that go thru the list of SAP Functional modules, read the basic overview of it and then select the one which interests you more, coz you will be the best in the module which you liked most after going thru it than our suggestion.

As you are from JAVA background you can also opt of NetWeaver EP/XI or WebDynpro JAVA where you can utilize your previous skills rather than learning everything from scratch.

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurpreet,

ABAP is a language for SAP .Though u can chose ABAP certification but as u are from JAVA background advise u to go for Netweaver certification and traning too, if your company provides that training to u thats well and good other wise get trained in SAP authorised centers in India. Have in search in this forum u will find the address to ur suitability of that training center. As the higher versions of SAP are looking ahead they are embedding Java and its better to be in Netweaver.

cheers

Mohinder Singh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you suggest which ABAP certification I should prepare for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurpreet,

Requirement for becoming sucessful ABAP Consultant is "OOPS" i.e. your programming skills in c++ should be good.

Ofcourse after getting SAP certification in ABAP you may later on shift to functional side for becoming techno-funct consultant.

However, Enem Technologies Pvt Ltd is an Authorised SAP Education Partner based in Noida & Jaipur which imparts training in Online support course and ILT.

e-learning is

1. New initiative by SAP India Education

2. Offers flexibility of time to participants

3. Participants can start their training at their convenience

4. Course content of 200 hrs for each module spread over 4-5 months time

5. Content and Certification similar to ILT

Though you will be considered as fresher but growth prospects are excellent.

You may visit below mentioned link to find all SAP Authorized Education Partners.

http://www.sap.com/asia/services/education/centres/partners.epx