cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a message to multiple receivers from the same service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I registered on SAP community several months ago, I found many good hints and solutions to some of the problems encountered in XI and for which I thank you, but this is the first time I address a question to a common issue, written already about.

I have a scenario with 1 File FTP sender adapter and 2 Receiver adapters:1 FTP adapter and 1 MAIL adapter. The input message is sent to one of these receiver adapters based on the value taken by a specific field from the input message.The receiver adapters are using the same party and service.

The requirement is to solve this without using BPM.

I have read "multiple receiver" issue related blogs and tried to use the standard receiver determination. Thus, I have 1 Sender Agreement, 2 Receiver agreements (one for FTP and one for MAIL), 1 Interface Determinations (with the 2 inbound interfaces and interface mappings corresponding to FTP and MAIL output) and 1 standard Receiver Determination where I added the party and service twice and specified for both the condition. The condition is based on XPath, is correct.

In sxmb_moni, I get the error: "No receiver could be determined". If I remove one of the conditions, then the output is sent on both receiver adapters, instead of only the one that fulfills the condition.

Can you please give me some feedback on how to solve this problem? It is rather urgent.

I have also tried to create 2 Interface Determinations and have 2 Receiver Determinations, each one with the right condition. But I get the same error message.

Is the problem due to the fact that I don't use 2 different services ?

If you know how this can be solved without using BPM, please reply.

Thanks a lot,

Alina hudea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In sxmb_moni, I get the error: "No receiver could be determined". If I remove one of the conditions, then the output is sent on both receiver adapters, instead of only the one that fulfills the condition.

Hi,

I think the problem in Receive Determination. As you mentioned when you remove one of the condition then it works..

What I concluded is, I think while creating your Receiver Determination for multiple receivers you added the receivers by pressing the plus sign and that means you are using mulitiple receivers with "AND" condition, so in this condition when both the condition will be true then only you will get success.

What you can do is, Just remove one of the receivers and then add it by pressing the "OR" symbol i.e. by pressing this ( [ ] ) symbol and put your conditions as you like.

I hope what I have concluded is correct..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Did you try with a full CPA Cache Refesh?

Regards,

Matias.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can achieve the same using conditional RD.

your approach using XPATH looks good.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination - see if this brings up any pointers.

One clarification,

when creating the RD for multiple entries for adding the BS, did u use the button "Insert line below selection" or "Add new conditon"?

You sud be using add new condition ideally.

if still the problem persists, create separate BS for mail and File and try