cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly processing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PS Gurus,

We are using assembly processing by which we create a network and a WBS element and Project definition automatically as soon as a sales order item is created. We are currently using a non stock item at the sales order that is triggering the network creation based on a standard network template. However, my requirement is the following

When I confirm the network, i want to have the material code in the sales order to be received as a sales order stock for whatever quantity mentioned in the sales order line. How can that be done? We currently do that via production order created for the sales order line. We would prefer to do the same for the networks.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Nithin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I want to raise a concern on assigning the negative quantity to the activity, when a negative quantity is assigend there is a serious implication on the cost planned, because this negative quantity will negate the planned cost by an amount equal to that mentioned in the Accounting tab of the material amster.

For this I would suggest is that to add another activity and assign the quantity as positive.

Here with negative quantity material will give a movement type as 581Q (By product/assembly)

and positive quantity will give a production instance effect 281Q movement type..

By doing this there will be no cost implication as well. and the delivery from project is also possible.

If any one else has any other view please suggest.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Attach that material component with the activity with 1- (negative quantity) in the quantity and tick the backfush check box. so when you confirm that activity that particular material will come in to your project/sales order stock.

nandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the response. However, to make it easier, I shall rephrase the question as there seem to be some confusion.

I am aware of putting in negative quantities in the activity component list to trigger production and delivery thereafter.

However, the question over here is

1) How to able to add negative quantity via BOM PS interface and prevent the system from making the parent material a non stock material?

2) If the first option cannot be satisfied, how do I make sure that I receive the material driving the network creation in the sales order, as customer stock once the network is confirmed?

Hope it is clear,

Thanks again to everyone who has shown interest in the post.

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction CN33 (BOM transfer), click the 'Transfer' (Third button from left) define the finished product over here.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want that the negative cost of the finished product should not be included in the planned cost, you can uncheck the costing relevance check box for the finished product.

Any idea how to prevent the update of negative actual cost of the finished product?

Regards,

B P Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are trying to do Production in PS. In that case you need to assign the material to activity with negative quantity and confirm. For eg if your sales order has material M 2 nos, assign M '-2' quantity to activity and confirm. Refer this thread for info:

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are absolutely right. We are looking at production in PS. We would prefer to use the BOM/PS interface to put the BOM into the network activities using the reference points set in the BOM and the network activities. The parent item would be put as 1- into one of the activities indicating production. But here the system marks the parent material as "non stock" by default and makes it impossible to be added to the network activity. Do you know how to get rid of this?And where exactly is the setting that makes a material a non stock item by default.

thx!

Nithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there must be a Procument Indicator assigned in Network profile. You can check it in OPUU, alternatively you can see it in material overview of activity.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default item category must be maintained as ''N'' in procurement indicator. You can check it in

Spro -Project System -Material- Procurement-Define procurement indicator for material components( T Code OPS8)

Regards,

Amit