Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery on new machine - how to logon?

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am testing a disaster recovery for SAP Enterprise 4.7 WAS 620, Oracle 9.2.0.3.0. For testing purpose, I have installed a new system on the new machine and copied the existing system by using backup/restore. It seems that everything was fine: the logon screen appears, and when I try to logon I get an error "Logon refused (license expired)". This is fine too, because I have the new hardware key now. However, when I try to logon as SAP*, I get ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DB Error - 0".

What can I do now?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Please check and post the errors in the dev. traces.

Not sure that the issue you are experiensing is related to the sap license, but you can install a license through saplicense program and see what happened.

Regards,

Mike

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Mike!

I installed the temporary license successfully, but the problem persists, except that now it's the same for all users as previously was only for SAP*. In R/3 syslog I get an error entry like:

R/3 process type: D0

R/3 message ID: D01

R/3 client: 000

R/3 user: SAP*

R/3 transaction code: SESSION_MANAGER

Error text: "R/3 Basis System: Transaction Canceled 00 162 ( DB-Error - 12571 )".

As for the developer trace, for each logon attempt, dev_w0 gets the new entry:

M Thu Nov 24 07:59:54 2005

M ***LOG R68=> ThIRollBack, roll back () [thxxhead.c 11087]

Thanks!

Regards,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

ORA-12571 means 'TNS:packet writer failure' and may indicate a network problem. Two questions: Which OS are you running? Do you have one central instance or additional application servers?

Could you also provide information from the Oracle alert.log file (in standard configuration: /oracle/<SID>/saptrace/background/alert_<SID>.log)

Regards

Juergen

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

I resolved it by copying the original kernel (run directory). Thanks to all!

Kind regards,

Igor

Answers (0)