cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch/Asynch Bridge TimeOut

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending data to R/3 system through XI and waiting for response. If the R/3 takes half an hour to respond will my Synch/Asynch bridge will be still waiting for the response or will it die because of TIME_OUT.

Can anyone let me know.

Regards,

Amar Nemalikanti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amereshwar,

You can be sure you will get a time out somewhere. Standard timeout for sync messages is 30 seconds and the sending system could time out as well.

30 min is not really real-time, is it?

Cheers,

Frank

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a Time Out for the Sync/Async Communication.

The settings can be done SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Config -> Change Specific Config -> Add a new entry

Check the Category SA_COMM, see the help for its parameters.

By default the time out setting is 60 seconds and the maximum allowed is 1000 seconds.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Offcourse such a scenario is possible if there are multiple systems to talk to before results are correlated..But that wouldn't be realtime..Sync interfaces with 30 min wait time isn't good design!!But thatz my view

0 Kudos

In the Scenario I am working a Web Service Sender sends the information Synchronously and the R/3 processes. Currently due to high performance issues at R/3 end we suggested to have Asynchronous communication.

If it is Asynch the Sender need not wait for response right away and can wait till he gets the response. If we are not able to generate response till the timeframe the Sender expects, BPM will send Exception Error message anyhow.

Does anyone agree on my view.

Regards,

Amar