cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Security to control the users access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any possibility to control the users access by controlling through selection ID's or does it possible through any of the product lines (Characteristics)?

My requirement is I have to control all the APO DP users in various levels of Product lines and the access has to be granted at specific product level. Right now I am trying do through selection ids, but I am looking for more effective way.

Please help me with your views.

Thank you in advance!

Jegan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP standard will not help in your case.

You may require to develop it using BADI, user exit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

There are so many security objects in DP that you can try out and see if they meet your requirement.

The way I understand your issue is to restrict user by certain products or BW characteristics.

To control by Products, try the object C_APO_PROD with activity APO_PROD (Product Identifier). You can select specific products here for each role and restrict by either display, change, execute, delete etc.

If you want to restrict by BI characteristics, try object S_RS_AUTH.

Be careful with this as you are selecting BI objects, the system restricts them even if they are remote part of your work.

If you have to restrict by specific product levels like all product lines, I am not sure how to do it but you can certainly try searching based on keyword "PROD".

Please let us know if you discover something useful.