cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Point Synchronisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting Measurement Points on the Mobile Device.

I have read several of the threads related to the replication of Measurement Points but have been unable to find the answer to my problem:

I have run the Function MAM30_041 in the backend R/3 where it selects 157 Measurement Points.

I have created a Variant in SPRO ALM_ME_GENERAL for the Measurement Points and executed RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD.

On checking table MEREP_207 in the MI there are 35 records. However, after synchronising the mobile device, I am not getting any measurement points for the technical objects to which they are assigned.

The technical object are available on the mobile device but no measurement points.

The configuration for the Scenario assigned to the user has the following settings:

Defects Recording: Defects Recording Active

Notification Type: Z1 (our own)

Meas. Recording: Measurement Recording Activated

Help please!

John Woodland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Here is the solution for your request

Have u run the program Z_MAINTAIN_SERVER_DRIVEN_CUST

If yes then the entries must be saved in the table memsd_dep

check whether these entries have been maintained or not.

Generally from the program RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD. it will triggers the MEREP_DELTABO bapi in a back ground job so what ever may be the return msgs u got from this bapi u cant see them after executing you report RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD. So what i suggest for u is use the bapi MEREP_DELTABO and pass the values manually and then in debugging mode check whether you are getting the right values or not???

If from here everything goes fine and if u can see the entries in MEREP_DELTABO table then 98% your problem will be solved. If it is other than this then we can think for any alternate solution

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larissa,

Thank you for the response which I am working through. Having put a breakpoint in RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD, there are 157 meas. point keys selected and after the program has completed, MEREP_DELTABO contains 162 records - the 157 plus 5 that were already there.

Looking at table MEREP_207, there are 35 entries only. These were there prior to running RALM_ME_MEASP..... and have not been updated. Only one of them appears in MEREP_DELTABO.

Running MAM30_041_GETDETAIL for each of the missing measuring points works without any errors.

Are you able to suggest what to look at next to identify why MEREP_207 is not being populated with the delta changes? At what point should MEREP_207 be populated?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is your Server Driven setup correct? Have a look here, it gives a good guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/818ac119-0b01-0010-ba8b-b6e3f349...

Furthermore I would check the selection variant of your MEASP.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not exactly clear on what is exactly the problem now:

1. Meas. ponts key are being transferred to MEREP_DELTABO table but not being processed and stay in this table forever?

2. Meas. ponts keys are being processed in MEREP_DELTABO and after processing they are deleted from MEREP_DELTABO but meas. points themselves are not being replicated?

Here are my ideas on both problems:

1. When you configure system for SD replication one part of the job is to configure and automatic trigger that will kick-off replication process for SD SyncBOs. It is done by running report Z_MAINTAIN_SERVER_DRIVEN_CUST on the middleware. Once this is done, middleware will triger replication (for T51 it measn middlwere reads keys from MEREP_DELTABO and for each key executes getlist and getdetail BAPIs, once keys is processed in this way it is removed from MEREP_DELTABO and if getlist/getdetail is successfull data object itself appears in MEREP_207).

2. If you elimintaed the problem that BAP MAM30_041_getdetail fails or return errors then there are other possible reasons why meas. points are not replicated:

a. there are two variants in MAM customizing for meas. points (spro -> MAM "Make genral settings". I know it sounds funny but - they have to macth. Meas. pont has to be withing BOTH variants to be successfully replicated.

b. a table in getdetail BAPI returns "duplicate key" records. BAPI will not pick it up (because it does not know which fields are considered by a SyncBo as primary keys) but middleware is not able to created these records. That is a very common issue with customer enhancements table. This problem createds a DUMP on the middleware and is easily diagnosed by running st22 transaction.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Edited by: Larissa Limarova on May 1, 2008 11:19 AM

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

from your description you have two problems:

1. Not all measurement points that are configured for replication are being replicated

2. Equipment which is expected to have measurement points downloaded to the device does not have them.

Problem 1 - meas. point is configured for replication but does not come to MEREP_207 table..

The best way to understand how many meas.points are configure for replication are:

1. Put a breakpoint in RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD before the RFC call to the middleware system and check how many meas.point keys are going to be transferred.

2. Right after executing RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD check how many keys are transferred in MEREP_DELTABO.

If you see that more keys are transferred in MEREP_DELTABO that eventually make it way to MEREP_207 - that is real problem that have to be investigated and fixed. That is what I would do to investigate the reason:

1. transaction se22 to see if there any errors

2. figure out which meas. points were not replicated in MEREP_207 and execute BAPI MAMXX_041_getdetail on the backend for these meas.points. Fails/error of this BAPI is the reason why meas.point was not replicated.

Problem 2 - equipment is downloaded to the device without meas.points it references.

There can be 2 reasons why it is being downloaded without meas.points:

1. meas. point that this equipment references is not replicated in MEREP_207 because of the problem that was discussed before. Once you fixed the issue and all 137 meas.points are replicated, the problem with equipment will be solved as well.

2. equipment is referencing meas.point that is not configured for replication (variant for meas.points that you configured in MAM excluded this meas. point). To figure this out: execute MAMXX_031_getdetail for the equipment in question, check that all meas. points in table "Equipment meas. points" are within meas.point variant. If not - fix the variant and fix problem 1 to ensure that all meas.points are replicated.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova