Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with T-Code Assignment through menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP prefers transaction code assignment occur through the menu screen on PFCG.

As per my experience,This is having following problems.

1.User faced lot of missing authorization object.

2.During the maintenance phase when we clear some other transaction from menu, it affect other transaction which share the same object.

3.Menu based assign some unwanted authorization object with no value. When we run SOD for object level if will show more conflicts.

To avoid these things I need some valuable comments.

Regards

BR

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> SAP prefers transaction code assignment occur through the menu screen on PFCG.

>

>

> As per my experience,This is having following problems.

>

> 1.User faced lot of missing authorization object.

> 2.During the maintenance phase when we clear some other transaction from menu, it affect other transaction which share the same object.

> 3.Menu based assign some unwanted authorization object with no value. When we run SOD for object level if will show more conflicts.

>

> To avoid these things I need some valuable comments.

>

> Regards

> BR

Hi

A few comments on your points

1. Yes. That is why we have security administrators. SAP cannot guess the exact way each business configures their system & how each user uses their system. That is why they deliver an approximation of what auth objects are linked to transactions and we have the facility to update the roles via SU24 and in the roles.

2. If you configure SU24 correctly to pull in the objects required for each transaction then you will greatly reduce this. Usually this is a standard unit test step during an implementation

3. See point 1 & 2 - SAP can only guess what you need. Configure SU24 to pull through the objects you require, no more, no less. It's a time consuming job during implement phase but will save many, many times over during steady state. Lots of auth objects are blank because SAP is leaving you to populate the role with your own values such as document types.

Cheers

Alex