Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish services in ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a tecnical question about ITS.

If the question does not belong to this forum, please direct me to another more apropiate forum.

We are upgrading BBP 2.0 to SRM 5.0 with a R/3 4.6C Backend system.

In the Invoicing-area there are created programs "Z" in SAP which in the old constellation are published in a seperate ITS server.

We need to publish these programs now in SRM 5.0 which has the ITS integrated (Netweaver 7.00) because we will not use old ITS server anymore after the upgrade!

How can we accomplish this? anyone had this problem before?

Thanks for any help.

Aart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Vadim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the information.

Another question related to the subject. Maybe you have experience in this also.

How can we publish a Transaction of the SAP R/3 backend system in SRM 5.0

Thank you,

Aart

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aart,

I am afraid that this cannot be achieved easily. You will have to recreate the transaction in SRM and have to map that transaction to your custom service. You have to define you template, screens and everything related to it.

This is because SRM is web based and ITS has to map the transaction to the browser.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aart,

If you have SAP ECC as a backend, you can use the ECC Integrated ITS to publish the transaction (webgui), and add an entry in the SRM user Role.

If not, you can keep the external ITS to publish the Backend transaction.

WARNING: In both cases, the hard point is to manage the SSO or the user will be asked the backend user/passw.

For my information: What is the backend transaction you want to publish ?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aart,

In fact it depends on how your specific services were managed.

To be able to work with the integrated ITS, the services must:

- be DIALOG services (Flow Logic is no longer supported)

- be created localy in the SRM in SE80 (within BBP 2.0, it was possible to use the Sap@Web Studio without declaring the service localy in SRM).

- be declared and activated in the SICF (service managment in WAS system)

WARNING: the service file (*.srv) is no longer used with integrated ITS. All service parameters are to be attached to the service in the SICF transaction.

Concerning services publish, it is to be done through the SE80 transaction (Menu/Option/Internet Transaction Server/Publish: Choose "INTERNAL" as a site and start publishing.

You first have to publish all the standard SRM services with transaction W3_PUBLISH_SERVICES

Hope it helps.

Good Luck

Vadim