cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a OLAP connection to BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am configuring an OLAP data server to connect to XI. I have mentioned all the parameters according to the PDF which explains this configuration. Please let me know what should be the port to be specified in the OLAP data server. When i specify 80 as the port and created a OLAP query it is giving me an error like "java.net.SocketException:Network is unreachable: Connect"

If i specify 50010 which is the HTTP port configured in BI system and when i create the OLAP query it is giving me java.lang.Exception : Status(404)-Not found"

Please let me know the exact port to be specified in the OLAP connection.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

You have to mention http port number. For example 8005 , 8010 , etc..Dont specify url port number (50010)or messege port number.

Regards,

Hemalatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the reply. The HTTP port in SMICM of the BI i am trying to connect is specified as 50010 and so i am using the same port while configuring the data server. I think the HTTP port in SMICM should have been 8010. I dont know the reason why it has been configured as 50010. Does HTTP port should always be like 80<SysNo>. If yes how do we change the HTTP port in BI from 50010 to 8010.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Answers (0)