cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12 JDK guidelines_ MII workbench Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have Netweaver installed on a Windows 2003 server machine (SP2) and JDK 1.4.2_12 , MII 12.0.2 (build 88)

We are facing very similar problem ..Not able to open the xMII workbench..where a Window pops up asking to open the Workbench.jsp file.

I have two questions

Any guideline on Java (JDK)version specific to MII within the Netweaver components ?

if we upgrade JDK this to newer version ..what is the procedure and would it affect the other components of the Netweaver ?

Please guide on this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also refer MII 12.0 release notes . SAP Note number 1025997 where the supported JDK is 1.4.2_13.I would think it should be either this or a higher 1.4.2_x.

Not sure of any upgrade guidelines though but yes as Jamie said first check the client machine(s) where you've faced this issue or did you face this on the server itself?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you can't open the workbench it's most likely a client issue. Do the clients machines have the java web start installed?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie/ Udayan

Many thanks for your reply.

It gave me a thought for trying the Workbench on Client.

The problem for Workbench is with the MII Server. (Server has JDK 1.4.2_12)

When I tried opening the Workbench in a client Machine it was successful. ( Client has JRE 1.5 )

In such case what should be the next step...if it is to upgrade the JDK on Server..What is the procedure and would it affect other components of Netweaver.