Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK status 401

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have PI 7.0 SP 12.

The server has a strange behavior. It is only happening on the production environment, which is very stressed.

Everything is working fine, but after 2 or 3 days, all messages are in error in sxmb_moni :

Category : XIServer

Code area = INTERNAL : HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK

Stack : HTTP response contains status code 401 with the description Unauthorized Authorization error while sending by HTTP

I have already been through all other forum posts, but they are related to a specific scenario. In my case, ALL the messages have this status, but when I restart the server, everything is fine again, until the next 2-3 days when it "crashes" again. We can not connect to the Repository, Directory or RWB anymore neither, as if the authentication process in PI java part was gone (we can still connect on the ABAP part).

Has anyone been through that error or have any suggestion ?

Many thanks,

Best regards,

GL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the connection parameters are rights in ID. the http error 401 relate to a bad user or pass. see this link

before restart your server, check the PI users

PIAFUSER

PIDIRUSER

PIREPUSER

PIRWBUSER

PIISUSER

J2EE_ADMIN

J2EE_GUEST

tell me

Thanks

Rodrigo

Edited by: Rodrigo Pertierra on Apr 29, 2008 10:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

Thanks for your quick reply. Connection parameters are ok in the ID, since it is working fine during 2 or 3 days, and that it is working fine again after a restart (just restarting is solving the issue, nothing else is done). Moreover, it is not only the following users that are impacted :

PIAFUSER

PIDIRUSER

PIREPUSER

PIRWBUSER

PIISUSER

J2EE_ADMIN

J2EE_GUEST

But also all our personnal dialog users, when trying to connect to the IR, ID or RWB.

Do you have any other clues ?

Many thanks,

Best regards,

GL

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i never have this kind of error.

lokking in some blogs and threads i got it:

Blog: /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Error: HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK 401 Unauthorized

Description: The request requires user authentication

Check XIAPPLUSER is having this Role -SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

• If the error is in XI Adapter, then your port entry should J2EE port 5<System no>

• If the error is in Adapter Engine

–then have a look into SAP note- 821026, Delete the Adapter Engine cache in transaction SXI_CACHE Goto --> Cache.

• May be wrong password for user XIISUSER

• May be wrong password for user XIAFUSER

– for this Check the Exchange Profile and transaction SU01, try to reset the password -Restart the J2EE Engine to activate changes in the Exchange Profile After doing this, you can restart the message

it is not only the following users that are impacted

this are communication users of pi. i adviced you to check when before restart the server if any of this users are lock.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Edited by: Rodrigo Pertierra on Apr 29, 2008 11:20 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you gone through this blog...

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

For solution check point number 3.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarvesh,

Yes I have already been through this blog, thanks.

Actualy I have already spent a lot of time searching on sdn for an answer and read lots of blogs and threads. As I said, it is not just a simple user lock, since ALL the users can not access ANY java component requiring an authentication, and that restarting a SAP server has never unlocked all the users, while in my specific case, restarting the server is solving the problem. (but it is not an acceptable solution for a prod server _).

Best regards,

GL