cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic - Target Stock calcs based on auxillary KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am calculating Target Stock based on a modified demand calculation. The modified demand is calculated in an auxillary row (only in the macro book) and used in the Target Stock macro. The Target stock is calculated correctly in interactive planning.

The problem is when i run the heuristic, it does not consider the target stock. Is it that the heuristic only reads from stored key figures? and does not pick the aux KF calculations.

The product master is correct with the target stock method and target days supply etc.

Regards,

Zeeshan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ahmed

As you said, if this process is working fine in interactive planning book, then if the same process has to be calculated in background, you should create a background job which would have the macro which should run after/before your heuristics run. This would populate the result.

reg

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Heuristics uses the key figures that have the relevant key figure functions assigned to them, so no your auxiliary key figure will not be used by the heuristic. You will have to make this an intermediate key figure by defining it in your planning book.

When you create this key figure in the planning book you will then need to assign the key figure function 3001 for Target Stock Level. Also, in order to do this, you will need to ensure that no other key figure in the planning book has that key figure function already assigned, the standard key figure is LAGRZ in most SNP books.

This key figure does not need to be stored, i.e. not part of any planning area.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I am using the same LAGRZ with function 3001.

It is the intermediate calculation which is in an aux KF. Do i need the intermediate calc to be in a Planning book key figure? and not an aux row in a macro.

Regards,

Zeeshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you need the result to be copied to a planning book key figure with the key figure function 3001 assigned to it.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to assign the Key figure

3001 Target Stock Level : Key figure Function

As it si a calculated amount, you need not assign any Cat Gp and Cat

and assign Live cache Order : Data source / Target

By the way what is your calculation for the Target stock level?

Thanks,

APO Quest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess i have not explained properly.

1- I have an aux row 'Target Stock Demand' calculated in a macro. The macro is set as a default macro in the book.

2- I use the Aux row as an input in the Target stock macro. The target stock is calculated in the LAGRZ key figure assigned with function 3001.

The target stock is calculated correctly in the interactive planning. But the heuristic does not consider the target stock.

I am trying to exclude distribution demand from the Target stock calcs.

Regards,

Zeeshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan:

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the exact same issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan