cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Business system in a different SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Is it possible to assign a business system to a target that is in another SLD?

In our landscape we have DEV and QA in one SLD, PRD in another. I dont want the _QA extension to apply for my PRD objects and therefore would like to create a target for the QA business systems etc.

Thanks!

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. U may create transport target as Prod from the QA server.

For that first u have to create the technical and business system of QA in Prod. Then create the respective groups. Then in SLD u can perform this transport target task.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Prateek.

Thanks for that. I'll try it out. Just one thing: you say that "Then in SLD u can perform this transport target task" -> Do I export this content to the other SLD? By using export function in Administration?

Thanks again.

Ole

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes u can export the content. Even the manual creation of BS and TS onm Prod will also work

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a BS_PRD in my initial SLD and set the target for my BS_QA to BS_PRD. I have also created the BS_PRD in my production SLD.

When I try to transport between the directory in QA system and the directory in PRD system, I still get an error message saying that "Business system BS_QA does not exist in the SLD".

When you say manual creation of BS & TS in PRD, what I am trying to should work? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks!

regards Ole

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a BS_PRD in my initial SLD and set the target for my BS_QA to BS_PRD

U have to create BS_QA in Prod SLD and configure the transport target there. Not in the initial SLD

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Jepp I realized that.. Did it and it works. Thanks!

Ole

Answers (0)