cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

librfc32.dll installing Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found in SAP .NET Connector Documentation that the librfc32.dll is required.

I could not found any documentation about installing the librfc32.dll in the framework web server.

Please can you tell me if there are any other requirements besides sap.connector.dll and sap.connector.rfc.dll ?

The full documentation is needed for my system administrator for installing the product.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just pack you applicacation together with the needed DLLs from your development system:

- SAP.Connector.DLL

- SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL

- LIBRFC32.DLL

You can copy all three files to your application directory or put the first two into GAC and the last to SYSTEM32.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the second option (GAC & SYSTEM32) before and it's not working (it's working in my PC but not in the server).

I also tried the first option in my PC and it doesn't work.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does "not working" manifest? Excpetions? What kind? Please post calls stacks and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for quick response.

I getting an exception system.DllNotFoundException :

"Unable to load DLL (librfc32.dll)."

at SAP.Connnector.Open()

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you don't have some of the DLLs that LIBRFC32 is dependent on. The current 6.40-version of LIBRFC32 depends on MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCR71.DLL and MSVCP71.DLL (and other). These are MS-DLLs that don't necessarily are available on all Windows systems.

You can check dependecies with Microsoft's Depependency Walker (DEPENDS.EXE) that comes e.g. with the WIN32 SDK and the Resource Kit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I added the the DLL's :

mfc71.dll

mfc71u.dll

msvcp71.dll

msvcr71.dll

and it's work !

thanks.

gurpreet_sidhu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

Just wondering , if librfc32.dll file was packaged with application for its end user customers- would it be necessary that it be used by SAP system authenticated users only ?

Will it not raise any licensing/distribution concerns, as in like a third party (non-SAP) giving out librfc32.dll with their application ?

Regards

Gurpreet Singh Sidhu

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gurpreet,

it's not allowed to redistribute librfc32.dll. Furthermore, I'd like to point out the .NET Connector 2.0 is now out of support and it is strongly recommended to migrate to the 3.0 version.

Best regards,

Markus

Answers (0)