cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of XSD from XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

Can anybody guide me to solve this problem.

I have created a custom repository as per the requirement(repository has text fields, taxonomy fields etc). I have created a XSD structure using xomLite from the XML(by exporting from Console).

Now if I open the XSD I am finding only a Category field but the attributes that were created in Datamanager are not present.

I want an XSD with attrbutes , please help me out.

Very urgent.

Regrads,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Attributes are created dynamically in the Data Manager and they are not the part of Structure of the repository.Hence the XSD wont contain the attributes.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Then what is the way out to map attributes(taxonomy structure)if i want to map the data & syndicate it to emote system.

Is there any specific procedure to follow.

Regrads,

Pramod

Edited by: Pramod Govindan on Apr 29, 2008 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you need to syndicate all the attributes for a record or only some attributes ?

-Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Yes it is possible to syndicate the taxonomy table along with the attributes. For this you need to create the extra segments in R/3 i.e. you have to append few structures in the existing one and then use that updated XSD in Syndicator.

This is what we have followed.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my case I have created the structure in taxonomy with attributes . Data is coming from SAP R/3 & also from other systems.

I want to syndicate all the attributes.

Now how to go about.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creating XSD with attributes:

since attributes are created in Data mgr they are not part of data structure which we define in console hence the xsd from console will not have attributes. you can create an xml file from MDM syndicator with all the attributes and from that xml file convert to XSD using the software.

I want to syndicate all the attributes

since we dont have the xsd while syndicating we need to add all attributes first then do the mapping.how to add fields in the xsd in syndicator Manager pls refer the ref guide for MDM Syndicator.

hope it helps.reward points if suitable

Regards-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can I create attributes in destination pane using destination items or custom items when i am using XML.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

You cannot add destination item in an XML or XML Schema selected from the destination items tab.It will be greyed out.

But yes you can create custom items for your attributes provided you have something in your destination xchema file to map with.

This can be achieved by creating you XML file having elements for you required custom items(attributes) to be mapped with.

Hope I have tried to solve your query..

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

I am really happy to hear that custom items can be added.

Please elaborate how to do that.

My scenario is i have attributes insource but in destination it is not getting reflected.

I want to use the same xsd for importing, will that be ok.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Yes you can use the same XSD for importing.Because it does not really matter if the elements in the XML are carrying values or not.

You just need fields to map them with your required custom items.

To create custom items for attributes :

Go to your custom items tab in the syndicator.

Select the required taxonomy table.

Give a name to your custom item.

And finally mention the attribute.

Once the custom item is created it will displayed in your item mapping tab.

May this with the required field of the XSD in the destination.

Hope this helps you!!

Thanks,

Minaz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

One more clarification,

I have all the attributes in Source but i need to create the attributes in the destination field.

Is it possible by custom items.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Custom items are userdefined source items to be syndicated out to the destination.

For these custom items, in your syndicator, you should have corresponding destination fields to be mapped with.

If you are using XML or XML schema in your destination properties

then you need to have these fields in your file.

If you are using a flat file than its not a problem.You can always

add required destination items.

Thanks,

Minaz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

I have a structure with all the attributes in the source items but I do not have the same attributes destination items as I had created XSD from the XML file generated by MDM cosole.

Please help me out, urgent.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

The XSD that you create from the existing repository structure in the console will only have the schema. The attributes that you import are actually values of attribute table(which you can only see in the import manager after you have created the taxonomy table and imported the hierarchy).So you will not find them in the XSD.

Also, you cannot modify the XSD that you have formed in the console.So adding of destination items is not possible.

So I guess the only option is to syndicate the records with attributes in a flat file with the required destination items added for the existing attributes.

Thanks,

Minaz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My problemis not yet solved.

1. XSD created from xml structure (from console) does not have individual attributes which are created in Data manager. How to create attributes in XSD?

2. When i try to import, getting an error saying element cannot be empty?

3. I am not getting the measurement fields in XSD?

Help me out.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

try using liquid xml it should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have modified the XSD schema. Now I am using the XSD schema with all the attribute names in'

schema. In Destination apreview I am getting only the attributes which has the value.

Please guide me if anything has to be done to get all attributes.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramod,

As far as I know - its not possible to syndicate out the structure of the entire taxonomy. You can syndicate out all the attributes which has records associated with it - along with thier hierarcy.

If you need to send out the entire taxonomy & its attributes - you should go in for Java API's or ABAP API's.

Regards,

Vinay

Answers (0)