cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Request in ods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW experts,

i stareted loading data to ODS by using of repaire request because of my 1 month delat lost . its now showing almost 6 crore recored and still processing . This ODS i need to update further Data targets means infocbe . so in this infocube last successful request 1 month back. i would like to update ods to infocube.my doubt is the whole records what ever repair request is loading to infocube or only last delta records only updating?Can any one guide me on this issue.

Regards

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its a delta load it goes from change log, and if its a full it goes from Active data table.

So coming to the question you had asked.

If its a delta load it will transfer the new/changed records.

Go to the manage tab of ODS and see the added records for the requests after the last successfull load to cube. That number of records will be transferred unless there is filtering at some level (Infopackage or update rules or transformations).

Thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thank to all immediate respons.

regards

sivaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

hope if your load does not completed then try give the lesser combination of selection condition and actvate and load a delta to cube. then proceed with next selection in full repair.

Ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have selection for the last month only in infopackage for the load to ODS using Repail Full request.

Check if there is any data for this period is in InfoCube. If there is any data then use selctive deletion to delete that data from InfoCube. Else you will have duplicate records when you load this new data from ODS.

When you load from ODS to cube have selection for the last month in the infopackage and do a full load.

The data for these new records will sit in the active data table of the ODS you cannot do a delta to Cube for these records.

Delta records are transferred from the Change Log while a full load will recide in the Active Data table.

Hope this helps.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for prompt reply .

ODS:

ODS last delta upload is 29.03.2008

requested time is 1.09.15

updated time is 01.14.33

Infocube:

Infocube last delta upload is 29.03.2008

requested time is 1.18.40

updated time is 1.26.23

Now iam loading data to ODS throgh repair request .it seems to all records its retrieving now its diplaying 7 crore records. According above timings can you please guide me how to proceed further.

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you can load with multiple InfoPackages in parallel from ODS to Cube. You could split the data by week.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kumar

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel its taking a bit more time than ODS upload.

You may have to wait till the repair load till ODS is complete and then start load to cube.

But meanwhile you can have a plan to load from ODS to cube in parts.

Give some selections and load instead of all at once.

thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the repair request had completed and i manually activated in before message is not displayng like requsesy XXXXXX has not correctly updated . it will activate almost becacause it contain 7.71 crore

can you plz calrify my doubt this my last delta or its retrived whole data.if any error will come like special charactor or some thing else.is any programme is there to remove the special char etc.Sorry guys iam asking small questions because aim in clinet place and that to this production server.

regards

Rk

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit more.

I understand your full repair load is complete.

Did you activate it.

Was it successfull.

The error you mention comes when you have missed some delta request from target without forcing the request to red and repeating the delta.

If you have activated it you can start pushing data into cube part by part.

Also invalid error may come during loading, during activation you may come SID errors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ods loading part is over and even reporting icon also displaying . But in detail tab Transfer (IDocs and TRFC): Errors occurred is showing red. still montor screen showing yellow and mange tab also displaying red.

Actually in ODS had lost 1 month Delta . now i started loading repair request .this repair request had retrived for last 1 month delata only OR it retrieved the total records .

if i uploaded further updated to data target ( infocube).how can i proceed.actually i had sent u screen shots through image hosting but u re unable to open that .can u plz tell me how can i send u screen shots to u other than image hosting

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

As the no of records is too much and monitor is showing red, i will suggest not to update this data in Next data target.

First data shall be correctly available in ODS. Can you wait till processing is finished. Once this is finished try loading of this data in parts by selections and once you are thru ith this you can update this in next data target.

Hope this helps,

Assgn pts if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The thread below should answer all your questions :

Cheers,

Kedar