Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capturing shipping cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

kindly suggest me to solve the following scenario>

our client wants to capture the loading and unloading and transportation charges tripwise and transporter wise and one trip means many invoices pertaining to many sold-to parties ( ensuring truck should be full as there is a contract with trasprtr)

kidly suggest .urgent pls...

rgs

shankar GJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

as i understand from your post,

your client wants to capture,

1-loading and unloading charges

2-transportation charges tripwise

3-transporter wise -

As you have contract with your transporter(vendor/forwarding agent) as truck should be full.

this includes many sales order & diff sold-to's

while creating shipment doc's- you include many deliveries until truck is full.to collect all these deliveries in one shipment-

it should meet certain criteria- like

shipping point / transportation planning point should be same-

vendor should be same

Delivery date shoud be same

incoterms

then only you can collect all the deliveries into one shipment.

I suggest you to maintain the frieght cost for this route ( i guess- route will be same, you may maintain the freight costs including loading/unloading- distance-duration etc..,)

maintain the shipment cost pricing procedure ( which can be created specific to one vendor only)

Follow the std shipment & Transportation process.

your scenario can be achived by the above process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear riyaj,

thanks for the response.

please tell me how do i maintain frieght cost and where i shud maintain in which loading ,unloading charges and transprtr chrges are flexible components and fixed components respectively

as these are expenses ,at the end of the month we need to run the report against each vendor and disburse the amount.

kindly suggest

thnx

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sap gurus'

kindly throw some light on this critical scenario as it wud be really helpful for me to give solutuions to my client

rewards for right answer

thanks

shankar GJ