cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non unicode IDOC (R/3 4.5B)- XI-IDOC (ECC) special chars / languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could some one share their experience on this? Your help is highly appreciable.

Regards,

Vijaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya ,

You can handle special languages like chineis, japanies.........by using "UTF-16" Standards instead of using "UTF-8" that appears by default in you xml message header .

Reward Points if HelpFul

Thanks

Sunil Singh

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP systems up to and including Basis release 4.6 cannot communicate using XML messages and HTTP. This means that using the IDoc adapter (or the RFC adapter) is the only way of connecting such systems directly to the Integration Server. Non-SAP systems may also be connected using subsystems.

SAP recommends that you only use the IDoc adapter to integrate business systems with the Integration Server when there is an actual benefit to the scenario, that is, if you want to connect business systems or business processes previously not integrated. Only break up existing and working IDoc communication scenarios (for example, ALE scenarios), and reroute the corresponding IDoc traffic using the Integration Server when there is an additional benefit.

Hope this will help you.

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of all this.. please pleae please read the posting before sending response.

Regards,

Vijaya

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly is the problem u r facing. Special characters if sent to XI can be very well handled and forwarded. It depends upon the content sender wants to send. XI will pick the data anyhow.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi.

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you NS,

I have gone thru all these documents long back, I would like to know the experience/issues/resolutions etc.. while working on this kind of scenarios.

Any inputs?

Regards,

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the links: