cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File2 jdbc Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This is error I got in communication channel monitoring.Any body please analyse it and provide me the with right solution.

{Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver:demo;DBQ=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\db1.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver:demo;DBQ=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\db1.mdb': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'}

Thanks,Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

You need to deploy the JDBC Drivers..

Go through this links,

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/02/27/configuring-jdbc-connector-service-to-perform-database-lookups

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci1246926,00.html

To install JDBC driver follow the how to guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guide...

Configuration of JDBC Adapter for SQL Server

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:<port>;DatabaseName=<DBName>

UserID and Password.

If the connection is not working find the correct port number.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b92770-db81-2a10-8e91-f747188d...

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Please check the driver path as mentioned below.

JDBC Driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection:jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//location of DB table.mdb;

No JDBC driver required.

Receiver JDBC scenario MS access - /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

follow this thread

SAP Note 850116 has details

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Reward if it is useful

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kopparaju,

try using this approach with access:

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

with the driver mentioned in the blog

and in addition to this......

JDBC Receiver Adapter Parameters

1. Parameter name: "logSQLStatement"

Parameter type: boolean

Parameter value: true for any string value, false only for empty string

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Vani.

Edited by: Vani on Apr 29, 2008 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As per expection MicrosoftODBC Driver Manager Data source name not found the I think Data source name is not created

please check. You have to create it from control pannel go to Adminstrative tools and create db1.mbd and place in the specified location i think db1.mbd is presented in ur path.

If its helpful give reward points.

Thanks,

Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem is with the data base Driver .You need to deploy the required JDBC drivers for the database you are trying to connect to. Ask the database provider for the divers. They should be provided by them and you basis team should deploy them on the XI server using the SDM tool.

Reward points if helpful.

Thanks