cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to make a change to the transactional user exit (ZXRSAU01). However, it is locked by someone else for another task. They are not in a position to transport their changes. How can I overcome this situation so that I can make changes to the user exit as part of my transport request, I have a separate transport with other work carried out and I do not want to be dependant on the other persons transport? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

In this case you can resolve this problem using one of the next solutions:

1.- You can pass the owner of blocked task to you by using the transaction SE01, SE10 or SE09 (only if this Task is not release). After that, can change the code into user exit, and back this to the right state. For change owner of task, go to one of the transaction that i mencioned on top, look for the task, put the cursor over the task, go to menu request/task -> Change owner.. and write your sap User ID. After that, delete the blocked object and you can use your task without any problem. For prevent any change on this task back the owner task to the old user that have the task.

2.- You can bring the old version of this User exit (if this exist).

If these answers have been helpful, please reward points and mark your post as solved when solved completely.

Regards,

Yuhalbert Graterol

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First, you would need to back out any changes made by the other person, that person can do this using version management or by backing them out manually. It could be possible to comment the changes out. Now if that is the only thing on their transport, you can change the owner to you. Or they can delete the object from there transport. Then you will be able to tie it to your transport.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that to delete the object from there transport, what is the transaction for R3, I know in BW we have Transport Connection. For R3 would it be from SE09 and if so could you outline the steps

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Go to SE09, or SE10, enter the user name of the other person with the transport in question. Expand the tree for the transport, all the way to the object, in your case, it will probably be under the "report source" folder, put your cursor on the name, click the trash can, you will get some messages, click ok for all of them. That's it. Please remember to allow the other developer to comment out his/her changes or make a copy of the code into a text file or something.

If these answers have been helpful, please reward points and mark your post as solved when solved completely. THanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman