cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in consuming an external Webservice using Adaptive WebService Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

I am trying to consume an external webservice in Webdynpro project using the Adaptive Web Service Model(this is how i want to implement).

i have provided the URL of the WSDL in the metadata destination and the execution destination (under Server/Services/Web Service Security create the destination in Web Service Clients/sap.com/DynamicWSProxies).

Have also tried this [Wiki FAQ Note on Adaptive Webservice|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/wdjava/faq-Models-AdaptiveWebService]:

As for the configuration of WS destinations you must provide a URL. Two types of URL can be defined:

1. the WSIL (WS Inspection Language) URL of the WS provider system:

• For the SAP NetWeaver AS Java as provider system this is http://<host>:<port>/inspection.wsil

2. the WSDL URL of the web service

After executing the project it renders me the HTML content on the WSDL page though we are expected to get reponse with the content type text/xml. This HTML content displayed is pre-fixed with BASEIOException.

Please suggest what could be the possible solution to the problem.

Cheers

Navneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

While creating the Adaptive Web Service Model, for the URL you need to give the Loaction of the Web Service.

For most of the Web Services, this loaction is the address location tag, under wsdl: port name tag.

In your situation, after you have downloaded the WSDL file, check out for the said Tag, and give the specified Location as the URL.

Also, make sure not to make use of the Host Names, instead use the IP Address.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the downloaded WSDL and the address location and have tried using that URL to create a model to no success.

Also if i provide the IP Address,how would it trace the WSDL, I thought that the URL should be WSIL or WSDL type.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link for the web service (what is the Version of NW?)

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/da/2bf042493ef54499a77394ef6be096/frameset.htm]

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

Can please point out the constraint on consuming a HTTPS web service.

How is it different from consuming the HTTP Web Service since i have am able to consume/execute HTTP web service by creating Adaptive

Web Service Model in Webdynpro but not HTTPS webservice.

Cheers

Navneet

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

While using the adaptive web services using the URL , i think there is no need to definr the meta data destinations for the web services .Instead give No Logical destination . and try to execute the Web Service. and please check whether u have binded the correct response node .

Thanks and Regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i download the WSDL to the file system and import/browse it, the model gets created but doesn't execute after i apply template.

Description of exception:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.api.WDWSModelExecuteException: Exception on execution of web service with WSDL URL '\desktop\webservicename.wsdl' with operation 'methodname' in interface 'WebServiceSoap'

Cheers

Navneet

Edited by: Navneet Giria on Apr 30, 2008 10:32 AM

Edited by: Navneet Giria on Apr 30, 2008 11:46 AM

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Using the wsdl url for the web service r ui able to import the model?(Is the model visble in the Component )

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i am not able to create model using the URL .By downloading WSDL to file system, the model gets created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I means that the web service is working properly.

Please check it wuith the wsnavigator.

You will get BaseIoException in webservices which will be do you failure to connect to the database.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srinivasan Subbiah