cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger AS2 using bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'd like to place a question to those who have already worked with the seeBurger AS2 Adapter.

The thing is, have you thought of using bpm with the AS2 Adapter?

My view is, you've got a huge restriction which is, you don't know what kind of message you're sending. You don't know if it's a XML file, a text,

an image, a pdf, whatever... So unless you know that you're sending a text file or an xml, you shouldn't use bpm, right? Since you can't create

the corresponding interfaces.

There's another point, if you use a File Adapter for sending the corresponding file, in this case you could build the message interface using content conversion, but

if you're receiving your message through the AS2 channel there's no way for handling this message in the IR right?

The third point is, is it worth using bpm in this scenarios, considering the bpm weak performance?

Using your experience, can you give me your insights about this?

Thanks guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd say you can't work with other types then XML using the Seeburger AS2 in XI. (w/o further development)

BPM is adapter independent (to be more precise: BPM as a component has nothing to do with adapters), so there is no restriction of using it. It just worx with XML messages. And using BPM is as worth as using it with other adapter types - depends on your requirements.

I don't understand this:

"There's another point, if you use a File Adapter for sending the corresponding file, in this case you could build the message interface using content conversion, but

if you're receiving your message through the AS2 channel there's no way for handling this message in the IR right?"

You mean, if you receive let's say .csv file instead of XML?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I wasn't considering BPM as an adapter but using BPM for a better control over the process, building an alarmistic which would able to treat any errors got on the MDN, or on the message processing.

Like you said, and like I thought, we would have to get a XML message.

And yes, I was referring to a csv or tab delimited sort of file. With the file content conversion we would be able to transform it to XML...

But could we pick a pdf file, treat it as binary and use content conversion? Building a XML with many records as lines of bits&bytes existing in the file?

Thanks Peter

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But could we pick a pdf file, treat it as binary and use content conversion?

No. There are few limitations. But on wht basis r u thinkin of reading a pdf file. It is better to let it pass in binary format

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this would be possible I think (using the BPM). But also depends - are you using sync or async MDNs?

The 2nd question: weeeell, if the file adapter would pick a file and build from it an XML document (either using Conversion agent or File Conversion), then you could send it out via AS2 as this document but in the target there would be needed a functionality, which would re-map the filr from XML to PDF. This applies only to sending files out. Receiving files via AS2 - this is possible only with XML documents, Otherwise there is no way how to process the files..

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

That's the real issue. Imagine you use an async MDN or even the sync MDN, don't you check the MDN content? How, in your experienced scenarios, do you deal with the erroneous messages? Using a BPM it would be possible to read the MDN content and in an erroneous case, you would send an email (for example) to the person responsible for it.

Without the BPM you can't deal with this situation, right?

Once again thanks for this brainstorming

P.S. - Excellent How to relating pdf's!!!

Answers (0)