cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webMethods as middleware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We currently process orders (via iDocs) from webMethods using a SAP RFC adapter.

We are in the process of upgrading to ECC 6.0 and would like to use a SOAP/XML connection with webMethods rather than XI. So basically try and offer the iDoc FM (IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS) as a webservice. Is this possible? or do we have to have XI?

thanks...

JR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudster,

I don't think you need to use XI for only this purpose. You can easily fulfil this requirement of calling IDoc FM using SAP Adapter. You just need to import this IDoc to webMethods using webMethods Admin page.

If you need any more clarification just write down here i'll help you soon.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish

That is what we have now.

We are looking to offer the FM as SOAP webservice rather than RFC.

Ta... JR

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOAP is a protocol for accessing a Web Service. I am not clear about your requirement. Can you please elaborate. As far as i understand, you may want to use that FM to get / post data to web Service. Is that so, if no just elaborate a bit. so that i can find the clear picture.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is so... we want to publish the FM as a webservice for webMethods to consume using SOAP

ta... Jamie

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rudster,

I am afraid that it may not be possible to use that FM in webmethods like this. I worked with the versions 6.5 and earlier and it was not possible that time. i donno about the 7.1. As you also know it works as import in webMethods from R/3 -> then a corresponsding service in WM -> then DSP and then get data and post data.

But 1 thing i can think off is that you can use the JCO calls and write a Java service for that and then you can directly get and post data to that FM using WM Urls..

I hope i am clear a bit.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aashish ... I have created a package, a new Enterprise Service that I can see in the SOA Manager and produce a WSDL file so surely wM can consume this service?

... or anybody else?

Ta... JR