Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a problem and i need your advice. There is a transaction me21n in which there is a field for material number. I want to restrict a user to use only one material number say abc123, for this i created an authoriization object and assigned it to the transaction in su24, but still the same is not working. Could you please suggest any other way to restrict the user, or is it that it has to be done in the ABAP program itself...

Thanks in Advance,

Prasad.

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> or is it that it has to be done in the ABAP program itself...

Yes. If you want to use custom authorizations you'll have to program the proper AUTHORITY-CHECK statement into the ABAP. There's no way to get extra checks working without programming.

This does not answer your initial question about restricting this field on values.

Have you looked into the possibitlity of creating a tranasaction variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creation of the transaction variant or Authorization group may solve your problem.

By creating an authorization group you can restrict the material type(with number range).

hope that makes sense.

Rakesh.