cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro table freezing columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm displaying a report using WD Table, the no of columns in the table are more than 10 so user had to scroll to the right to see all the columns. The problem I face is that user is losing the first(part no) column detail when he is scrolling to the right(for which he is relating all the other column data).

I thought of creating two different tables with first table having the partno and the other columns in the next table but this solution doesnt seem to help as the table navigation isn't possible.

Could someone please help with a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello chaitanya,

Check Valery`s suggestion from

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shubam&Maksim,

Thank you so much for the help! Both were very helpful to me.

~Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

One option is to use Tab Strip UI Element.

Then you can divide the columns according to there relation into say 2 logical Groups with Part No or other key fields being common.

To do this add a Tab Strip with Two Tabs and in both Tab's you have to define a Table by selecting the columns you want to show in each tab.

We have a item detail table with 40 fields to display. So we use a Tab Strip with 4 tabs to display this data.

The only disadvantage I see is that its a bit slow but that depends on your table data and your server/client preformance.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham