cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accesses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could somebody tell me the use of exclusion indicator in access sequence. What would be the effect if I select it in an access sequence.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi naveen

say you have 4 tables 501, 502,503,504

If you have the exclusive indicator for 503 table then system will search for 501 and 502 tables and it will stop searching at 503 table

and it wont read from next table onwards which is 504table

In the same way if you keep exclusive indicator for 501 table then system will stop fetching data from the next table i.e, 502,503,504 even though you have maintained condition records for the other tables

But if you maintain exclusive indicator for all tables system will search one after another till the last table and it will fetch the data from the last table.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri and Kishore,

Thanks for your inputs. I have a question in relation to this.

Is there any difference b/w exclusive indicator and condition exclusion?

please advise,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Exclusion indicator is to avoid unnecessary earch by the system if it finds a condition record from the accesses.

In pricing for sales and billing documents, more than one condition record may apply to a particular item at any one time. You can use the condition exclusion process to compare possible conditions in order to determine such things as the best price for a customer.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is lot of difference between both. Did you try checking the F1 help on the both. The exclusive indicator works within the access sequence and improves the system performance by not checking condition tables when it has already found a suitable one. Condition exclusion groups help in determining the best discount / Least price between two condition types.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check this where your query was explained in detail.

[Access sequence, Exclusive Indicator|]

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

exclusion is very imp in access seq,

here if you have more than one table in access seq for eg:

here we have 4 tables when you check the exc box for 561 ,562 and 563 then system search for the three tables and find the req one and collects the value from it.

in the same way if you uncheck all then system will take in to the consideration the first and does not go to the second one.

thats the reason it is called as search engine

Edited by: MANI ROOPA SD/MM on Apr 29, 2008 8:36 AM