cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR project not starting after server restart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have made a plain EAR project that contains a WAR file which again contains some servelets and static stuff like images and JavaScript files. The project does not use any SAP specific functionality and is hence a regular J2EE EAR project that in theory could run on all compliant J2EE servers.

The problem is that when the server restarts the project does not start (not even lazily, that is upon a request being made to it). In other words I have to start it manually by using Visual Administrator or redeploying. Naturally this approach is not a long term solution.

In the application-j2ee-engine.xml file of the EAR project I have tried to set the parameter start-up to always with no luck as documented here:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/25/0c08f3981343609d4045f8acaa0a76/frameset.htm]

The server is a 7.0 sp 14.

I have succesfully deployed the project on older servers with no problems.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Undeploy your application from SAP AS Java, e.g. via Visual Admin, and then redeploy it. If it does not start automatically, start it manually from VA. Check if you restart the server, the application is also started up correctly.

Besides that, does your application depends on another application, library, or service? (i.e. uses another appllication, library or service)

If so, did you explicitly declared this relation via the reference tag in application-j2ee-engine.xml ?

Kind regards,

Tsvetomir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have option in 7.0 to stop start EAR project manually

but i dont think that works fine.

The only thing i feel either u should redeploy EAR project or restart your server

regards

Surender Dahiya

Edited by: Surender Dahiya on May 7, 2008 8:17 AM