cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If anyone out there is still interested in scripting/bioinformatics ...

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

... please keep an eye on the following SDN WIKI beginning May 11:

WIKI->Emerging Technologies->Scripting Languages and Bio-informatics

(or ETSLB for short)

I have been spending the last couple of weeks getting the subscription stack built on my laptop and also making sure that my bioinformatic website at OakRidge Nat'l Lab will be working properly on May 11.

When the ETSLB page becomes active, I will be sketching out a number of WDA applications which are front-ends/back-ends to scripted queries against various bioinformatic query URLS. Each such WDA app will pass query parameters to a scripted query which will submit them to the query URL and then parse the returned HTML into chunks of data that can be passed back to the WDA for storage in various db tables.

I am relying here on Anton's assurance that this kind of thing can be done routinely.

Regards

djh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't rely on me too heavily since up until now i do understand ... nada.

ahh... you mean the html parsing. i think this will be working.

Edited by: Anton Wenzelhuemer on May 2, 2008 11:17 PM

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton -

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

If you have any time, I hope you will be able to provide technical guidance and occasionally some code.

But for any problem, I will provide complete background information and specs, so it doesn't matter if you have no background in bioinformatics.

It's really a fascinating field for uber-developers because it requires use of so many different SW technologies and techniques.

Best regards

djh