cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Upload Value Mapping Table From Excel ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We are on PI 7.0. In One of our scenario i am using The Value mapping in Graphical Mapping. My Proble is I have around 1000-1500 items to be used in Value Mapping. And like this i have some 5-6 items like Material / Plant / Vendor Etc.

is there any simple way to upload these Source & Target Value in Value mapping. It is very difficult to entered these many values manully.

Pl. Help.... Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi umesh

use value mapping replication - via ABAP report from

file or db as you wish

value mapping uses values from the cache so you can use value

mapping replication for your purpose - but you will not

see those values from ID

if we want to load the value mapping tables FOR THE FIRST TIME using external source(there is no original data as such), the entries will not be visible in the user interface tool of ID

regards

sandeep

if helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can understand you problem but there is no other way, you have to key in all values manually..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by sandeep use Value Mapping Replication in R/3 if possible. An in my opinion this is good way to maitain such a big data..

How to Do Value mapping replication?

You can take a help of below mentioned blog & thread.

For Coding in R/3 side look at solution given by Christian Scholz:

Use this blog to configure your ID.

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

Regards,

Sarvesh

pradeep_nellore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below links.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf...

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

/people/william.li/blog/2007/03/30/using-jdbc-connection-pool-in-xi-message-mapping

Thanks

--Pradeep

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pradeep,

i am not getting what i was requested.... My query is very simple, when i am creating the value mapping for the First time in ID manually is there any way to upload the source & Target from Excel ?

Pl. tel me Step by step.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i am creating the value mapping for the First time in ID manually is there any way to upload the source & Target from Excel ?

ASFASIK , we dont have such type of option.We have to fill the information manually.