cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Named Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to create a Named Search. I have already created a Named Search in the Client. I have added only 2 records in this name search but all the records have been added to the name search.

Where am i going wrong??

Regards

Richa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Please follow the steps below:

1. Create the entry into the Named Search table from Data Manager.

2. Perform the Search operation on the records either using Drill down or Free Form Search.

3. Go to the search menu and select the named search by clicking the option Save as Named Search

4. Reset the current search

5. Go to the search menu and select the named search from the option Restore Named Search.

Only the records satisfying the defined search criteria will be visible.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new name search but the problem i'm facing is now that in the option 'Save as named search', my search name is not active i.e i'm not able to save the records in my name search.

Regards

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

I am taking an example for namedSearches.

First create a Named Search say abc.

In Vendor repository there is a table Account Group in which there is a field Goods Suppiler and I set the search criteria on Goods supplier and go to Search option ->save as Namedsearch->abc.

Now go to main table and add arecord xyz for which Account group must be Goods Supplier and save the record and go to Search option and select Restore Named Search ->abc.

now go to Account group table the new record added will be reflect in the Account Group Table (That is why Named searches are also called Dynamic searches).

Hope it will help you.

With Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on Apr 30, 2008 7:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

There exists only one possibilty due to which Save as Named Search option will be disabled

When there are no named searches exists in the Named Search table.

Please check the Named Search table and hope you have logged into the repository with the Admin user.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above, the exact problem you are facing is, you didnt add any record to your named search;

1. Go to the drop down list of tables in data manager at the top left corner

2. select the Named Search table

3. no in the right pane right click and select add and give a name to the named search record.

4. Now again select main table from the drop down list.

5. select the records which you want to add to the named search.

6. goto the menu and add those records to the named search.

7. Now select the named search in the tab to the left below mask tab.

8. In that select the named search record you created. Here you will find all the records stored.

cheers,

Cherry.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

To add records to a named search you need to select the records using a search criteria.

The records in the named saerch table gets added when you search the records you wish to put in the named saerch table using a free form search .

once you put a search then the records that you derive from the search can be added to your named search table.

Create the named search table in MDM data manger before you start the saerch.

Hope it helped

Kindly reward points iff found useful

Thanks

SImona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Check that have you followed the same

Procedure:

In MDM Data Manger, Named Searches can be created in Record mode by selecting Named Searches Table

1. In the Records pane, select the record(s) which user wants to include in the Named Searches either using Free-form search or by using Drill-Down search.

2. Then from the main menu, choose Search -->Saved as Named Search -->this will add the selected records to the previously created Named Search in Record mode.

Note: The Named search is stored by the search criteria.

Check have you added the records by any search criteria or not.

Hope it will help you,

Rewards if found useful,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa

Steps:

in data manager select Named search(in record mode) as table.add a new record give details like name save it.

Select the main table and then select all records u want to add to named search or use MDM drill down/free form search to locate the records.From the main menu select search >Save as named search > selct the named search u have created.

Displaying the records: In record mode select search >Restore named search > select the named search u have created. U can see all the records with defined search parameters in Data manager now.

Hope it helps. Award points if suitable.

regards-

Ravi