cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding process in SRM WITHOUT bidding engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create a bidding process in SRM. I know it is similar to RFQ. I dont need a live auction scenario where we need a bidding engine.

Is it possible to create a bid invitation, accept bids, compare bids completely in SRM and then accept the best bid and convert into PO or contract WITHOUT a bidding engine. (similar to an RFC-quotation process in R/3). If so can anyone please explain the process.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you read the master guide for SRM 5.0 for diff business scenario it will say

SAP® Supplier Relationship Management Server 5.5 (SAP SRM Server 5.5)

(based on SAP® Web Application Server 7.00, comprises SAP® Enterprise Buyer, SAP® Bidding Engine and Supplier Self-Services)

means SRM server is the central componnt which comprises bidding engine also

you don't need any seperate software component (like CCM) for bidding.

It Is possible to create a bid invitation, accept bids, compare bids completely in SRM and then accept the best bid and convert into PO or contract with SRM server.

You need to have correct roles for internal users

purchaser (.... stal_operational_purchaser)

and external users

bidders (... stal_bidder)

what you may need extra is SAP LICENCE for usage of this functionality on PROD system ( not dev)

BR

Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our system is SRM 5.5. so bidding engine is available by default. I am able to create a bid invitation and get stuck there.

How do we enter the vendor prices, compare the prices and choose the best bid in SRM.

I have given all the roles and still am not able to find where we do all these processes.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

after creation of BI .... you need to publish the same

so that bidders can see the same

and give responce in terms of BID

have you gone through the business scenario

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/20/d07941601b1c09e10000000a155106/content.htm

and the config guide

for sourcing under

service.sap.com/ibc-srm

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

JJ

Using Manage Business partner link(bbpmainint) in SRM, create a user(Employee) for Vendor and assign role SAP_BBP_STAL_BIDDER.

Then the user will get the email notification (email address maintained in user creation above) with User ID/Password and URL address to login.

After that when you create bid invitation you need to assign the vendor for whom the user/bidder was maintained as mentioned above.

Then the vendor will receive the Bid invitation in the email notification and will login to the URL to check and submit the Bids.

Hope this should resolve your issue.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Jagadish