Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending data to unkown no of receivers

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working in a new XI project where there is integration between some clientside application(java) and R/3 system . here no of receivers is unkown(means now it si arround 50, it will increase with the no shops ). All the data is not needed for all receivers. i am confused how to do this, can u please help me by giving some new ideas.

I have some idea like creating a local databsae in XI server and give the data to client when they request.

but it is also not clear

Plz help me

Regards

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pradeep_nellore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recievers you can add later.

To split data based on reciever use BPM.

Check below links.

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Thanks

--Pradeep

Reward points if helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In my opinion, maintain a receivers xml. like if there are 50 or n receivers, and whatever is known to you maintain it in a receiver.xml and put it in sumwhere in R/3 serever or XI server and later you parse this data wherever you required. There is also a way to maintain all the receivers, and for that you need to create a table in R/3 and then later using a ABAP report fetch data and use it at BPM step.

Only drawback i see is that whenever you get the new receiver you have to update the table / receiver.xml for all info. XML parsing is easier at XI level and its faster.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the data is not needed for all receivers

If you have n number of receivers and all the data is not needed for all the recivers,you can write a separate mapping to decide the particular or no of recivers basing on the source information and you can call that mapping in the receiver detemination using extended option and you can implement the same.

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sekhar,

Here source also doen't know.. who all are the receivers...

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were mentioned that all the data is not needed for all the receivers.So you have some condiitons to decide the reciever or recievers using extended recievr detrmination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Our Project also we have the situation like this only

My client was in thought to integratre SAP R/3 and Webservices( .NET Application)

We have to send the data from SAP R/3 to some n number of Stores.

But if this is the case means we have to create n number of Communication channels to those corresponding n number of stores.

So in this case we were sending the data to One Comman Webservice URL which is given by them and from there they have the provision to distribute the data according to that incomming file to n number of stores which ever they want.

I think in your case this may applicable.

Think about that

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

My scenario is similar to ur scenario, we are also using the webservice (Java application). can u give me some more detailed help in this area u mentioned in ur reply

"So in this case we were sending the data to One Comman Webservice URL which is given by them and from there they have the provision to distribute the data according to that incomming file to n number of stores which ever they want."

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In my case we also thought to implement to send the data to n munber of receivers,But how????

We have to make N number of Receiver CC.

This is too difficult.

So we asked client people i.e .NET team like this is so difficult from our side to do this.

Then they told that ok, we can distribute that data to n number of Receivers what ever we receive from the SAP R/3 through XI.

So it is enough to send the data to their given server URL.

They have provided one URL to post all the data to it.

From there they have the facility to serve it to n number of receivers( Iam not aware of this end process)

Disscuss with your client people

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

Thank you for ur help. I feels ther is one change in my scenario compared to ur's, u r communicating to one .net server and from ther they are distributing it. but in my scenario java application from different stores are directly communicating with XI server and these no of stores will increase in future.

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Even in our case also we have the scenarios like where the .NET application is directly posting the data to XI Server using HTTP.

i think we can do it in your case also

Regards

Seshagiri