Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels not monitorable in the Communication Channel Monitor / RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Back on XI after a long break… ☺

I am facing an issue with our in-house JCA adapter used in XI scenarios. When trying to monitor the channels using our adapter from the Communication Channel Monitor in RWB, I have the following:

Short Log: No adapter registered for this channel

The adapter is deployed and the integration scenarios using it work perfectly:

- sda package deployed through the SDM

- the metadata defined in the Design

- a valid and working configuration involving the scenario is defined

The messages are going through and are monitorable in both SXMB_MONI and RWB...

All other channels using system adapters (File, RFC, SOAP…) do display a status (as a color icon) and a Short Log… and they can be administered (start/stop) using the enabled buttons when selected…

From the Adapter Monitor page, our adapter has a green status, and all the channels configured to use it display the status, Name and Text information...

I have no idea what could be the issue… should the adapter implement a special interface to be monitored from the RWB, is it a configuration issue, permissions issue???

I saw 2 posts with this error message but they did not help me to figure out where the issue is …

Thanks for your help,

Adalbert

Edited by: Adalbert Wysocki on Apr 29, 2008 6:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Adapter Meta Data in Integration Repository. The Meta data should be under the Namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/sample, with the name JCA and the software component could be anything (it doesn’t matter).

-Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

Thanks for your response, I will try would suggestion for testing... but

I am wondering why the namespace has to be http://sap.com/xi/XI/sample ???

It sounds weird that this namespace has to be fixed... as the purpose of a namespace is to create a isolation/container for names... so it needs to be customizable...

I did not see anything in the Adapter Development guides related to this kind of constraints...

Thanks,

Adalbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this weblog on "Testing Sample Adapter in XI Server or decentralised engine."

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/04/testing-sample-adapter

I think it will help you.

-Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

This link clarifies somehow your suggestion.

I think the adapter is correctly deployed and works perfectly except that the channels using it, are not monitorable from the Communication Channel Monitor in the RWB...

Would you have any specific information concerning this issue? In case you developed a custom adapter, can you monitor the CC using it from the CC Monitor in RWB?

Thanks,

Adalbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can monitor your customised adapter through RWB.

I had worked long back on this. But I had faced this error of Adapter status NA. I will check the corresponding doc mean while try with this namespace thing. Actually this namespace is used in .rar file. Because of which when u create your adapter below this namespace, it shows green status in RWB.

-Gouri